Which bank provides dollar Card in Nepal?
In Nepal almost all Commercial and Development bank provides SCT card, debit Visa or debit MasterCard. Debit cards are prepaid cards. You can use debit cards only if you have fund on your bank account. Every person who owns bank account is eligible for debit card. General debit cards issued by bank can only be used in Nepal and India only. You cannot use general debit cards for online shopping in online stores where buying currency is dollar either its Visa card or Master card it does not matter. Credit cards have some great facilities.
Many Nepalese banks issues Rupee Credit Card(Visa and Master) as well as Debit cards.
Getting a credit card in Nepal is not so easy. There are rules in place which dictates the qualifications for a person to be approved and given a credit card. Moreover, if someone wants to get an international credit card in Nepal, then it is pretty much close to impossible. There are banks that offer international dollar travel cards if you are travelling to somewhere with a Visa.
There are some strict requirements to get credit card in Nepali banks. You should have at least following eligibilities to apply for credit cards in Nepali banks.
- Minimum age requirement : 18 years.
- Nepalese Nationals.
- Monthly income above NRS 10,000
- Should have account on the bank through which you are applying for credit card
Criteria & documentation
Professionals & salaried individuals
- Annual Salary Certificate from the Employer (At Least 2 Years of Service).
- Copy Of Citizenship & Latest Photograph.
- Business in operation for 3 Years
- Company Registration document/s
- Latest Income Tax Return and management prepared and/or audited accounts
- Copy Of Citizenship & Latest Photograph
Not employed but has other source of Income eg. : Rental Income
- Lease Agreement – valid for additional one year.
- Copy of Citizenship & Latest Photograph.
- Copy of LOC
No income documents required for those who would like to take a credit card against:
- Lien on Fixed Deposit / Current or Savings Account Bank.
- Maintenance of an average balance of NPR 100,000.00 in bank account for a period of 6 months.
How to get dollar cards in Nepal?
You can get dollar cards in Nepal issued by Nepali banks, which is also called as traveler’s cheque. With dollar card you can pay dollar on any online or offline stores for the goods and services. You can get dollar cards in Nepal even though getting dollar cards in Nepal is not more easy. For eligibility To get dollar cards in Nepal you should have following documentations:
- Completed Application forms.
- Passport and Confirmed Air Ticket.
- Authority Letter, Nepal Rastra Bank permit, as applicable
Many people in Nepal are facing big trouble due to the uneasy process to get dollar cards in Nepal. Most of those peoples are small shop owners, online workers, web hosting companies, freelancers etc. Where is will there is way , there are some other options you can choose.
3) Create US PayPal, buy US dollar online in Exchange of NRS